Saturday, September 17, 2011

No, Not Chicken Nuggets but Gold Nuggets on the Aurum Necklace

I have literally been debating on whether to not get this necklace since July, sad I know. I just couldn't make up my mind and I'm just one of those girls that only buy things that I love, with a few exceptions. But I finally decided to purchase this lovely piece, two months later. So, here is my review on the Aurum Necklace. Again, I purchased this with my own money and my opinions are completely honest.



Photo from Google



I think I fell in love with this piece because when you wear it, it's not the "Hey look at me, look at me and my bling!" kind of jewelry. It's just enough to show people that you are not boring.

What I think: I think it's just one of those pieces that everyone should have. Yes, it's not a unique piece but it's a piece that can easily dress up an outfit as well as something that you can wear on a normal day. Personally, I like it. But I'm one of those "new to jewelry" kind of girls and is not ready to graduate into the more bold pieces.

Quality: It's very light weight and can easily be tangled. I wore it for about two hours after I got it and didn't have any issues with it tangling while wearing but more of being tangled when placed in a jewelry box. I have to say that I am scared to tug on it a bit because it feels like it might break but we will have to see about that.

Color: It's a shiny bright gold. It has a similar coloration to that of 18 karat gold.

Pros: 
  • Shiny gold- me likey!
  • Simple
  • Beatiful
Cons: 
  • Too delicate
  • Tangles easily if not stored properly


Verdict : I give this piece a B+ because I think it's one of those pieces that everyone should have but not A+ standards because it's not one of those WOW pieces. As far as quality goes I would give is a B, feels really delicate but the nuggets are great.

Would I recommend this? Yes. For those who like delicate pieces, go for it. It's great for work and just for people who are not comfortable with huge statement pieces but would like to stand out. If you love statement pieces then no, save your money for the more unique pieces like the Setting Sun or Astoria.



Worn with: Black Lace Top - thrifted $1.39 and HM tank top- $5.96
Worn with Madison dress- thrifted $1.39

Outfit Ideas:

  • Laced tops- I think it has that romantic feel
  • StyleMint Mullholland Tee in either green or ivory: Don't personally have this, but I think it would nice
  • Plain crew neck tee and a black blazer and jeans: Simple and casual
  • Chiffon tops: For a romantic night out

No comments:

Post a Comment