Thursday, September 15, 2011

The New and Improved Setting Sun Necklace from JewelMint

Like many, I have fallen in love with the Setting Sun. It is simply one of the most gorgeous necklaces that I have seen. It is so unique and beautiful that it's hard for me to describe it. I absolutely love this piece. But of course, not everything is perfect. My only issue was the blue threading in the necklace. For some reason, I just didn't like that being there. It made it feel almost "tacky". So to try to improve it, I decided to remove the blue thread and needless to say, I was SUCCESSFUL! :)

This is the finish result.

Original Setting Sun
Blue thread removed.
 

SUCCESS! Note: Sorry about being so "in your face" and the poor camera quality. This was taken on my webcam.

Removing the thread was actually quiet easy. There is no need to take apart the necklace, thank goodness. I was so scared of ruining this beautiful piece of jewelry, but decided that trying wouldn't hurt.

HOW TO REMOVE THE BLUE THREAD ON THE SETTING SUN NECKLACE

Things you are going to need:
  • A small pair of scissors (fingernail clippers will work or the cuticle trimmers as well)
  • Tweezers
1. Near the top of the necklace (closest to the clasp) take your tweezers and pull the blue thread away from the gold chain.
2. Cut the blue thread as close to the.. I don't know what it's called but the gold thing that keeps the thread and chair together so it won't fall apart. Be careful not to cut the gold chain.
3. Once you have made the first cut, you can unwind the thread all the way to the bottom of the chain.
4. Cut the blue thread again once you are at the bottom of the chain.
5. Do the same thing to the other side.
6. Jump in joy because you have successfully removed the blue thread from the Setting Sun Necklace

I hope this helps :) And please subscribe for reviews, chops, and much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment